The Canadian retail industry is the largest economic sector in the country, but more than ever it is affected by demographic changes in the customer base, new sales models, pressure from technology and a glaring need for direction in the purchase process.
- There are 3% fewer stores in Canada than 5 years ago.
- We have seen an 8% drop in square footage per capita in the past 10 years.
- There has been an annual 20% increase in online sales.
- 51% of Canadians make purchases using their cell phones.
- Only 19% of retailers have sites optimized for cell phones.
The era of the client and the experience is very real
Client and experience are now part of the vocabulary of marketing managers, who need to understand paradigm shifts in consumption and guide their organization’s move to a customer-focussed, digital offer through robust systems.
Valtech is central to this shift in the sector, offering mature digital marketing solutions:
- Optimizing the online purchasing process.
- Creating and implementing e-commerce solutions.
- Designing marketing platforms and campaigns.
- Developing a database acquisition and retention strategy.
- Collecting and analyzing client data.
The sector’s success will depend on taking risks and redefining business models.
We create the experiences of tomorrow
Valtech helps retailers create tomorrow’s experiences by shaping consumer worlds that place the customer, salespeople and the product at the heart of the conversation.
- Creating virtual reality experiences
- Creating augmented reality experiences
- Designing environments and connected pop-up shops
- Developing shopping assistants, or bots
- Creating engaging content
We believe that an experience should be invisible
We support our clients in their transformation
For the past 10 years, Valtech has supported over 100 B2C retail clients in the luxury goods, fashion, sporting goods and renovation industries, in addition to working with B2B distributors, specialized retailers, car distributors, gourmet grocery stores and hotels.